YO! Baltimore serves out-of-school youth and young adults citywide at two youth-friendly centers. Caring adults provide wide-ranging, support services and opportunities for participants to reach their academic and career goals. YO! Baltimore members build important life skills and participate in activities that support creative self-expression and a fit and healthy life style.
YO! Baltimore sponsors several dynamic programs for in-school, as well as out-of-school youth. With a proven track record of helping young people increase their wage earnings and educational attainment while reducing recidivism, YO! Baltimore has received national recognition as a model, youth-development program that works. For more information, view the YO! Impact Report.
YO! Sponsored Programs
YO! Center Services
YO! Baltimore’s strategy is youth-friendly. Its youth development approach meets young people where they are. Working with caring adults, participants develop an Individual Opportunity Plan (IOP) or pathway to success. The two YO! centers provide support services including:
- Easy assessments to identify development benchmarks and the level of required services
- Basic literacy, pre-GED and GED classes on-site
- On-line tutorials and courses to help youth earn a diploma
- Life skills, clubs and fun social events
- Job readiness classes and job placement services
- Career training in high growth industries
- Community service projects and civic engagement
- Health education
- Substance abuse and mental health counseling on site
- Recording studio (YO! Westside only)
- Fitness center (YO! Westside only)